· 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
· 2 teaspoons olive oil
· 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and de-veined
· 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, drained
· 1/2 cup Greek black olives, pitted and chopped
· 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves
· 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, cook couscous according to package directions. In a separate pan, add olive oil and shrimp. Add tomatoes, olives, mint, garlic and herb seasoning, and oregano. Simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes to cook shrimp and heat through. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Pour over couscous and serve.
Recipe from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/greek-shrimp-and-couscous-recipe/index.html
This was very delicious and simple. I made this dinner with my roomate and we both enjoyed it. We used a can of diced tomatoes but not with peppers and onion. As a side dish we had roasted broccoli which is very simple.
Cut broccoli into small pieces and spread out on a baking sheet. Drizzle EVOO and sea salt or kosher salt over broccoli and put in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until done to your liking (personally, I think it is best when it is slightly burned).